Skip to main content

Crossroads and synthwave

Man, so missing Monday really threw off my groove. Also moving is the worst, I totally forgot how much the worst it is. More specifically packing in a cramped apartment is no fun, especially with sick children. Luckily our new place will be a house and somewhere we can plan to stay for a long time.
Besides the 2 Reflections of the Enchanted lands there are 3 other magical realms. These are much smaller in size, not spanning the equivalent of the entire world. Instead, these smaller realms connect to the enchanted lands through portals. Multiple portals from different reagions of the world all converge within these realms allowing those who can find and use them the ability to travel large distances very quickly. Because of these aspects these smaller realms have been named Crossroads.  Each of the crossroads also has its own distinct name. They are in order of age; Nevara, Irundew, and Ozerro.  Each crossroad has sections that are connected to the Brightwylds and sections that are connected to the Duskmoores.  (I like Duskmoores a lot more than Duskfalls but am still open for more suggestions.)
To understand this more directly, let’s look at the oldest of the crossroads, which happens to be the most well-known: Nevara. The Nevara Crossroad also has one of the only stationary portals that allowing access to a crossroad, which has helped it to be the most well-known. Unfortunately that portal is found in the night sky north east of Sevrin, the clock work city. Upon reaching Nevara you can see that it is an island chain surrounded by a few miles of ocean. There is a small Merfolk village underneath the cliffs in one of the islands, and a small Wind Painter village on the largest island’s meadows.  Pirates prowl the waters, both human and monstrous.  Within the natural caves of the islands there are pathways down to this exotic realm of dangerous flora and fauna. This realm of monsters exists in magically maintained bubbles and caverns below the waves. The water gives off a soft blue ambient light and most of the life is also bioluminescent. In addition to that luminescence the color pallet is filled with neon and fluorescent hues.
As previously mentioned scattered throughout all these areas, above and below the waves, there are  hidden portals to the Brightwylds and the Duskmoores.    These portals generally do not have a fixed and exact location but are usually found near the location of a portal between the Enchanted Lands and the Crossroad.
Next week I will give a little information on one of the other 2 crossroads and the Class whose powers resonate with the crossroads; the Messenger.
I have been listening to a lot of “New Retro Wave” music on youtube. As a child of the 80s I definitely am stuck with a nostalgia filter on this genre, but I have really been enjoying it. My favorite album is “Scandroid.” Check it out. It’s even better sped up, 1.25 is what’s available on youtube but I bet 1.15 would be better if you have the ability to fiddle with your music. Either way check it out if that sounds like good listening to you. 


There is a link to his bandcap page on youtube if you want to download the music. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hunter class

In last Monday's post I talked about the Thief and mentioned how the “backstab” ability has been moved to the Hunter class. It seems logical to me to cover the Hunter next then. So the Hunter is also found in folklore and fairytales like the Thief.  In Enchanted Kingdoms the hunter will be a character who has been trained in how to survive in the wild. For combat they have the ability to focus in bows and spears or axes and hammers. They also can take a talent that alludes to their time learning about creatures in order to hunt them. This Talent, currently called Predator, lets you roll to see how much you know about a creature when you encounter it. Each creature will have a small table that shows what information the character knows about the creature/monster and it’s abilities.  Hunters start with talents that give them bonuses to hiding and to fighting side by side with their allies. Over time they can expand their abilities to deal damage and impede the movement of their targ

D&D 4e with Enchantress sneak peek mixed in

A somewhat non Enchanted Worlds update today.  I recently discovered Matthew Colville on youtube.  He creates some great videos that detail tips for running games.  He is very eloquent and has worked in the game industry so he has the ability to address games from multiple perspectives. If you are thinking about running a game there is a plethora of invaluable tips in his videos.   I bring this up because I found him because of a video that actually puts into words the things that I loved about 4 th edition.  You can watch the whole video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoELQ7px9ws&index=31&list=PLlUk42GiU2guNzWBzxn7hs8MaV7ELLCP_ Now this is a long video, clocking in at almost an hour. I watch youtube at 2x speed so its not as long from that perspective. But again it is crammed with information.  He even touches briefly on some of the strengths of 5 th edition that I can actually respect.  I will most likely come back to this video again later but for the sa

Release Schedule and Thief Class

So there have been a lot of changes in my life, goals, and schedule since my last post.  In my first post I mentioned wanting to post daily, that has been changed to weekly. There is still the possibility of a second post in a week if I think of something I really, really want to write about immediately, but that will be more an exception as opposed to the rule. This is to hopefully avoid burnout, a problem I am well acquainted with from past endeavors. A friend suggested this course of action and I have chosen to act on that suggestion. Secondly I have started a new certification course for my work that will be taking a lot more time than I had initially thought.  The course will be a major focus of mine up until I take the exam in July.  My hopes of possibly getting a Kickstarter up in November are gone, and February is much less likely.  I am probably going to shoot for mid to late summer 2018 at this point so that I can focus on my studies.   This is a frustrating situation but